Popular Posts

Saturday 16 May 2015

Tom and Jerry Golf

Golf Tom and Jerry: Like Father, Like Son: Are two Barbers are playing in Los Angeles Open
Tom and Jerry cartoon characters known and popular drink during the Christmas season Tom and Jerry.

The golf season, Tom and Jerry is the only son and father American mix that was born in the same PGA Tour tournament.

Tom and Jerry Barber playing in the Los Angeles Open, which began Thursday at Riviera Country Club. Jerry, who will be 69 in April, is a former PGA champion and player of the year. He and son Tom, 42, hosted by the complex benefits Griffith Park.

Tom was one of four players who earned a spot in the tournament through sectional qualifying. He shot a 74 at Los Coyotes Country Club to make sure that father and son were together in LA Open.



It would be nice to be able to report that the father and son well in the opening round. Alternatively. Jerry and Tom shot a 78, even-par after eight holes, soared to 83. Both face elimination today.

As PGA champion, Jerry is eligible to play in tournaments trip, although mostly he plays on the senior tour. Last year he won $ 50,000, which is more than he ever won on the regular tour. At its peak, in 1961 when he won the PGA and was player of the year, he earned $ 36,000.

Although they have played in the same group for a few hours, father and son went head to head only once. That was in 1974 in the fourth Southern California Match Play tournament.

"I was playing really well and I was going to win the competition," Tom recalled. "But Daddy beat me.

"It was the most devastating of my life. Here I was, playing against my hero, my favorite golfer. I wanted to win, but every time he hit a shot out of line, I felt bad. There I am glad we only had to do that once. "

Jerry said he did not care for it, either. "Who wants to play his son? I did not want to put him out of the tournament."

Fans will remember best golf over Jerry Barber in 1950 LA Open. The third round was played in a driving rainstorm at Riviera. One of the early finishers, Jerry putted out on the 18th through the heavy water for a 72 and a 54-hole total of 209. He brought his 10-stroke lead.

Conditions became so bad, however, that they had to stop play before many of the players, including the favorite, Ben Hogan, could finish. Under the rules prevailing then, had thrown out all the scores and played the round was over. Under current rules, Barber's score would be counted and the others would have completed the round the next day.

"The way I was playing those days, no one could have hit me with a 10-stroke lead," said Jerry. "I remember when I putted out on the 18th, the water was swirling around the cup. I snatched my ball out of the cup before the water could throw out.

"Some people blame Ben to stop play, but it is not true. It would be the BARRANCA waited until the water receded. But some of the other stars walked out and they canceled the round.

"I still led after repeatedly on the round, but on the last day I was paired with Sam Snead and he shot the lights out. He sank a long birdie putts on the final two holes to tie Hogan. Not They had held their playoff until after the Crosby, and Snead won it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...